About JLG, an Oshkosh company
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products-including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories-can be found all over the world.
Responsible for all activities and personnel in any of the following Quality areas: Product Quality, Process Improvement, Supplier Quality and Manufacturing. Position may involve implementation of quality systems, maintaining ISO certifications and compliance, and overall quality control and responsibility of various departments at Oshkosh Corporation.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT
1. May be responsible for continuous improvement of control testing, manufacturing, assembly processes, tracking system cycle-time goals, and standard operating procedures; product quality; process control; supplier quality processes; ISO audits; receiving inspections; supplier audits; quality and contract proposals; and other related activities as assigned.
2. Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures
3. Work with other quality personnel in obtaining goals of meeting or exceeding customer specification while meeting target costs.
4. Report and chart quality measures.
5. Conduct process capability studies and present results in standardized format.
6. Oversee and assign all product quality deficiency reports.
7. Respond to quality process nonconformance issues in an expedient manner
8. Analyze and implement effective solutions in order to coordinate the resolution of major quality issues.
9. Must exhibit the ability to proactively plan and execute plans in accordance with established time constraints.
10. Coordinate and work inter-functionally with Quality, Engineering, Contracts, Sales, and Manufacturing to resolve quality related issues.
11. Create and assist in establishing, maintaining and certifying quality guidelines, processes and procedures. Promote awareness of procedures and quality systems within the organization.
12. Assign, schedule and coordinate quality audits internally and externally.
13. Communicate effectively with suppliers and internal teams to correct and prevent deficiencies.
14. Maintain a positive, professional working relationship with all customers.
15. Understand quality contractual requirements related to assigned product types.
16. Participate in or delegate a representative for all quality meetings including the Corrective Action Board, Control Testing and Management Review Meetings.
17. May be responsible for development, maintenance and continuous improvement of a process improvement training program.
18. Interview, supervise, appraise, and discipline employees. Acknowledge team accomplishments.
19. Responsible for budgeting activities and personnel reviews.
20. Ensure personnel in departments have adequate resources to perform jobs
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Bachelor's degree in Quality, Business, Operations Management or related field
4 plus years of related work experience
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
Two years knowledge or training on JLG, Jerr-Dan or Oshkosh products or other extreme-duty vehicles
Advanced training/experience in the use of statistical techniques including CP/CPK
MS Windows, Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and JD Edwards experience is mandatory within three months in this position
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.